On 21 December 2021, the Enforcing Europe Series 2 will kick off with a hybrid roundtable entitled "Quo vadis, data retention? The indeterminable quest for proportionality". The Series is organised by the joint research project MATIS of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and the University of Luxembourg (co-funded by FWO and FNR), in cooperation with the Brussels Privacy Hub. The Series has a media partnership with EDRi.
9h45-10h: introductory remarks by Mark Cole (Uni.Lu) and Paul de Hert (VUB)
10h-10h40: 3 interventions:
- Noémie Levain (La Quadrature Du Net)
- Daniel Reiffers (Police Grande-Ducale Luxembourg) TBC
- Herke Kranenborg (European Commission/Maastricht University)
10h40-11h10: 3 discussants:
- TJ McIntyre (University College Dublin/Digital Rights Ireland)
- Catherine Van der Heyning (Antwerp University/Antwerp Prosecutor)
- Eleni Kosta (Tilburg University)
11h10-12h: roundtable discussion moderated by Juraj Sajfert (VUB/Uni.Lu) with free participation from both present people and those online.
12h: Catering lunch
Hybrid venue: Luxembourg University, FDEF, 4 Rue Alphonse Weicker, 2721 Luxembourg, room TBD and online participation.
Time: 9:45 -12:00 CET
For more information and registration, see here.